Contracting with the government is an intricate process to navigate that offers lucrative opportunities for businesses that know how to take advantage of the them. At Robbins Law Group, we understand how agencies function and the interplay of the state and federal rules, regulations and case law on all issues relating to contracting with local, state and federal agencies. We routinely consult on the formation and administration of government contracts, including advising on compliance with applicable laws and regulations, evaluating and prosecuting claims, and resolving disputes.
From the nation’s large contractors to small businesses entering into their first government contract, we assist clients in all facets of federal, state, and local government contracting issues at every stage of the procurement process from contract negotiation through contract claim resolution. Our experience includes handling Davis Bacon wage classification disputes, bid protests, FOIA, False Claims Act actions, Buy America, DCAA Audits, terminations, and wage and hour disputes. In addition, our knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations and understanding of the case law relating to a variety of pre-award and post-award disputes and activities is central to our ability to assist our clients.
We also provide our clients with experienced counsel in a wide array of Small Business Administration and Veteran Administration programs. We have experience in legal matters pertaining to federal contractors. Whether it’s FAR compliance, GAO Protest, 8(a) program, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business program, Woman Owned Small Business program, Federal mentor-protégé program or HUBZone program, we have the experience to help your business.
Our comprehensive government contract services include:
- Providing daily consultations on a variety of pending issues related to ongoing and future contracts
- Reviewing contract solicitations and contract bids/proposals for suggestions on improving chances of success
- Drafting and negotiating teaming agreements and joint venture agreements
- Analyzing accounting procedures to ensure compliance with the DCAA Audit Manual
- Providing guidance to ensure compliance with Buy America Act
- Addressing subcontractor issues and disputes
- Prosecuting and defending bid protests and pursuing claims resolution
- Providing guidance on small business, minority-owned business and woman-owned business issues
- Litigating disputes with federal or state governmental agencies in a variety of forums, including Boards of Contract Appeals, GAO, Court of Federal Claims and various district courts
- Pursuing DOL proceedings for violations of the Service Contract Act and Davis Bacon Act
- Pursuing NAICS Code Appeals
- Advising clients on debarment and suspension matters
- Preparing and negotiating claims and requests for equitable adjustments
- Collecting government contract receivables